Sunday, July 26, 2009

Dinner @ K's restaurant, northbridge

Joe and I went to K's restaurant to have dinner with Alan & Cecile.
K's used to be our favourite Fusion restaurant 1 year ago. So Joe and I were excited to go there again to try on their new dish on the menu.

Joe bought the 2008 Torbreck Cuvee Juveniles. Tasted pretty good but according to Joe and Alan, it was a bit too young.

Soup of the Day
Cabbage and mince meat with tomato and mushrooms.
A very homecook soup. It has nothing special about it.

Grilled oyster with polenta & cheese, onion cream sauce
This was quite good. everything goes well, quite like it.

Deep fried pork fillet served with potato gnocchi and sauce eggplant paste
This is a very nice combination except for the port fillet on top.
The taste was well blend together for the gnocchi and the eggplant paste.
The pork fillet on top was too tough and dry. Dissapointed.

Thin sliced fresh scallops & tuna, cucumber, green salad
This was quite good. Very fresh and tasty.

Fish of the day
The worst dish ever. Grilled Salmon was over cooked. Salmon was tough and dry. Presentation fail totally. The mash potato was a bit watery.
I didn't finish this dish. Ultimate dissapoinment.

As for dessert

Cecile and Alan had the Green tea panacota
It was good. Very well done.

Green tea brulee
My favourite of all. Taste as good as last time.

Joe had the Cheese cake.
Apparently the cheesecake was a little bit burnt. They used the icing sugar to cover the burnt part of it. Very smart move but stupid at the same time.

Overall, K's standard has dropped. On a friday night, it has only serve probably 3-4 tables.
If they don't improve thier food standard, I don't think I will ever go there again.


Anonymous said...

Medway Safety said...

A highly informative and visual blog. Touching further on health and safety, it is imperative that places that serve food have the most basic of food hygiene standards. These can easily be obtained, through food hygiene and safety courses, and give customers the piace of mind that they are eating in a safe environment.